Join Our Team
Do you have impressive clinical skills? Can you make the impossible possible? Then it’s time to convince us, by sending your resume to the hiring team at Northern Nevada HOPES! Please spare us from having to read a lengthy, boring, and antiquated cover letter! But ABSOLUTELY do: describe your accomplishments, feature all of your awards, and share with us your proven abilities to exert positive influence. We’d be delighted to hear a couple of fun filled examples and/or stories of how you brought forward exciting changes, despite the challenges of working with a diverse population or having to work in a tough environment.
Here is How HOPES Change Lives
We want you to bring value and feel valued every day! Northern Nevada HOPES is a non-profit community health center located in downtown Reno, NV that provides integrated medical and wellness services. We welcome all individuals, wherever they are in life, and provide a safe and accepting place to access affordable, high-quality healthcare services.
- Must know all those essential functions, practices and procedures of a medical clinic and office!
- Do you have an understanding of community and public health systems and issues, and are you willing to research populations?!
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information . . . Knowledge of HIPAA is super-duper!
- How about those computer and math skills? Must be able to calculate mathematical figures and medication doses, have efficient typing skills, as well as read and write legibly!
- Bring those superb interpersonal skills too! So you can communicate in a courteous and professional manner with patients and colleagues
- Knowledge of CPT and ICD-10 CM coding . . . . pretty please!
- Ability to work and interact effectively and positively with other staff members in our integrated CARE team. Because, you are awesome!
- We need you to understand and respond with appropriate sensitivity to diverse and special populations including LGBT, homeless, IDU, Sex Workers, and those defined by race, ethnicity, language, age, sex, etc.
- Demonstrated proficiency in documenting in an Electronic Medical Records system. We love our EMR!
- Do I need experience? Well of course! At least 2 years in chronic disease management, simple surgical procedures and urgent care management please.
- Education…yippee! Graduation from an accredited institution and a current Nevada state license a must!
- Show us what you’ve got with your successful track record in providing excellent patient care!
The word on the street is that HOPES is the Best Place To Work in Northern Nevada (and we won an award for it too).