COVID-19 Vaccine FAQ
COVID-19 Vaccine FAQ & Resources
Is Northern Nevada HOPES vaccinating HOPES patients?
- HOPES will be offering vaccines to any patient at HOPES who has a scheduled medical appointment that is at least 18 years old.
- HOPES is not providing a second dose vaccination to patients who received their vaccine at a location other than HOPES.
- HOPES is providing 3rd dose vaccination to patients who have previously received both vaccinations at HOPES and who qualify as immunocompromised. See if you are eligible.
- HOPES is not able to vaccinate patients who are less than 18. Only the Pfizer vaccine is available to this age group, a vaccine that requires special freezers and handling.
Currently the Washoe County Health Department and several pharmacies are offering this vaccine.
- Patients who call and want a vaccine will be offered a medical appointment if they have not been seen in the last two years.
- We HOPE to have a vaccine to provide during the medical visit, but it is NOT guaranteed.
If for some reason we are unable to supply it during your appointment, we can bring you back at a different time, when we are likely to have available vaccine.
- If a patient has recently had a medical appointment and would like to get a vaccine, they can call HOPES to get more information.
What online resource has the most up-to-date information for Washoe County?
Start Here: https://www.covid19washoevaccine.com
Where do I go to sign up to receive a COVID-19 Vaccine?
Schedule an Appointment: https://vax4nv.nv.gov/patient/s/
The Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine is available to those aged 12 years and older?
Book An Appointment Here: https://vax4nv.nv.gov/patient/s/
How do I obtain my vaccination records?
You may request that information through WebIZ
We will post testing locations as they become available.
The sites listed will be permanent locations and not sporadic vaccine clinics.
Nevada Department of Health and Human Services and the Nevada Governor’s Office
Nevada Health Response
Nevada Department of Health and Human Services
NV COVID-19 PLAYBOOK VERSION 3
Nevada Survey to express interest in wanting to get a Vaccine.
Immunize Nevada Information
Immunize Nevada Covid-19 FAQ
Immunize Nevada Covid-19 English_General
Immunize Nevada Covid-19 Spanish_General
Washoe County Covid-19 FAQ
Washoe County Seniors Covid-19 Sign Up Form
Washoe County Non-Hospital Healthcare Employee Sign-up Form
Washoe County – Make a Plan Flyer – Spanish
Washoe County – Make a Plan Flyer – English
Washoe County – Save a Life Flyer – Spanish
Washoe County – Save a Life Flyer – English
Clark County COVID Vaccine Facility Sign-Up Form
UNLV COVID-19 Vaccine Registration Form (Las Vegas)
Optum/Southwest Medical COVID-19 Vaccine Registration Form (Las Vegas)
Las Vegas Vaccination Locations for Healthcare Professionals
Additional Covid-19 & Vaccine Questions
Where can I find additional information on COVID-19 and Vaccine information in Nevada?
Please visit the Immunize Nevada website.
Screening Protocols for COVID-19 at Northern Nevada HOPES
Include info on HOPES Parking lot testing
If you think you need COVID-testing, please call (775) 329-6300 to make an appointment with your provider for a referral, or call Washoe County Health District at (775) 328-2427, or visit their COVID-19 testing website to complete their risk assessment.
Can you screen me for COVID-19 over the phone?
If you have had close contact with a person known to have COVID-19, or have a fever and cough, runny nose, muscle aches, or shortness of breath, please call the Washoe County Health District directly at (775) 328-2427 or visit their COVID-19 testing website to complete their risk assessment.
Screenings Prior to Entering HOPES
All clients should enter wearing a mask. Please ask if you need one.
We screen all patients and visitors for COVID-19 (coronavirus) prior to entering our health center. Staff will ask you and those in your group a few screening questions and take your temperature. We will continue to adapt our protocol and procedures as we learn more information.
If you bring a companion for your appointment, they will also be screened prior to being allowed to enter the building. Minors and adults with special needs may have one parent/guardian accompany them. The person accompanying the patient may not be allowed in the treatment area.
How can I prevent COVID-19?
Learn ways to prevent infection.
How can I learn about the 3rd dose vaccination for immunocompromised people?
The CDC has released an update on COVID-19 Vaccines for Moderately to Severely Immunocompromised People
How can I support the Covid-19 efforts at HOPES?
More information can be found here.