The US Department of Health and Human Services just launched a new healthcare.gov website that is easier to navigate, mobile-compatible, and features more information on the upcoming Health Insurance Marketplace. In addition, the Spanish language sister site, Cuidadodesalud.gov, has been updated to match the new look and feel of the Healthcare.gov website for Spanish-speaking consumers.
Some of the new Healthcare.gov changes include:
- The most important health insurance info at your fingertips—just answer a few quick questions and we’ll provide you with a personalized list of coverage options, content tailored to your situation, and a checklist to help you get ready
- An easy-to-understand question and answer format, with content based on the most common questions we hear
- A simpler site structure and powerful search features that make it easy to find what you’re looking for
- A seamless HealthCare.gov experience on your mobile device, tablet, laptop, or desktop computer
- A new 800 number you can call to get your Marketplace questions answered by a customer service representative, available 24/7: 1-800-318-2596 (TTY: 1-855-889-4325)
- Online chat, also available 24/7. Just look for the blue box on the lower right hand corner on most pages of our site. You’ll be connected to a customer service representative who can answer your questions in an online conversation
The New Healthcare.gov will be starting on October 1, 2013
The New Healthcare.gov will feature a new Health Insurance Marketplace that will allow individuals to apply, compare plans, and enroll in health insurance, with coverage starting January 1, 2014.