Becoming a patient of HOPES:
- To establish care, call HOPES Monday – Friday at 8:00 am, by calling (775) 786-4673 and press option 1. Ask to schedule a “new patient appointment.” HOPES offers a limited amount of new patient appointments per day and they are filled on a first come, first serve basis. New patient appointments are usually filled within the first few minutes after 8:00 am.
- If you do connect with the Intake department, you will then schedule your new patient appointment for the next day.
- After you have completed your first medical appointment and established as a patient of HOPES, you can call anytime during normal business hours to schedule a regular appointment further out.
Disclaimer: If you need emergency medical attention, please go to an emergency room or call 911.
Is There Any Way to Get Around The Open Access System?
The best way to increase your chances of becoming a patient is to call right at 8 am by calling (775) 786-4673 and press option 1 immediately, without listening to the welcome message. If all appointments are filled by the time you call, we ask that you call again the next day.
Why Does HOPES Schedule First-Time Appointments With the Open Access System?
Before HOPES implemented the Open Access System, HOPES used the standard waitlist system to onboard new patients. This resulted in long wait times and a high no-show rate because patients resolved their health concerns before their first appointment. This system clearly wasn’t working for patients or HOPES.
After we put the Open Access System into effect, no-show rates declined and we were able to more quickly address patients’ medical problems while getting more people into care.
Before Open Access:
- Three-month wait list
- No-show rate of 37 percent
- Fewer patients connected to care
After Open Access:
- Next-day appointments
- No-show rate reduced to 10 percent
- More patients on-boarded at HOPES
Establishing HIV Care:
To become established as a new HIV patient at HOPES, please call our case management office at (775) 348-2893.