This Pride Month, take the opportunity to eat the rainbow and gain some nutrition knowledge!
Checkout the benefits of each color of the rainbow:
- Keeps our heart healthy and decreases risk of stroke
- Prevents and even fights cancer, especially prostate and breast
- Good for urinary tract health and for memory!
- Decreases inflammation in the body and helps prevent cancer
- Keeps our immune system strong and our skin healthy
- Good for our vision – helps us see at night!
- Protects our eyes by preventing cataracts and slowing age-related macular degeneration (natural worsening of eyesight as we get older)
- Also contains Folic Acid, an important nutrient for having healthy babies (prevents neural tube defects)
- Keeps our bones, teeth and nails strong and also prevents blood clots!
- Helps us age gracefully by improving our memory and keeping our skin looking young
- Reduces blood pressure and lowers the risk of stroke and heart disease
- Helps fight cancers, especially those in the GI tract (mouth, esophagus, colon)!
- Lowers cholesterol and blood pressure
- Keeps our bones strong and healthy
- Helps fight cancers, especially stomach cancer!